دانشگاه آزاد برلین واقع در کشور آلمان، به دو دانشجوی علاقهمند به پژوهش درباره ارتباطات و نظم جهانی در قرن بیستم، بورسیه در قالب شغل ارائه میکند. علاقهمندان به تحصیل در این زمینه میباید چکیده مدارک خود را حداکثر تا بیستم و سوم ماه جاری میلادی، به این دانشگاه ارسال نمایند. برای کسب اطلاعات بیشتر به این لینک مراجعه نمائید.
The Emmy Noether Research Group Reaching the People: Communication and Global Orders in the Twentieth Century invites applications for two fully-funded PhD positions (salary group TV-L 13, 65 %, 3 years, additional funds for research and archival trips available). PhD students will be fully integrated into a strong network of international scholars in area studies and global history both at Freie Universität itself and in Berlin more broadly.
Successful candidates will develop a PhD dissertation in the field of global communication history in the twentieth century as well as contribute to the activities of the research group more generally. Dissertation projects will connect with one of the three pillars outlined on this website. They should focus on a specific area outside of Europe during the period of decolonization. Possible themes include, but are by no means limited to, the role of women in decolonization movements and their connection with global public spheres or the role of rural populations and their access to news and information.
Terms of Employment
Fellowships are offered as research positions on a fixed-term basis, starting on 1 October 2018 (salary group TV-L 13, 65%, 3 years, with additional funds for research and archival trips available).
- MA degree either in History with a significant focus on non-European/global/world history or in an Area Studies discipline with a significant historical focus
- Very good knowledge of English and the languages relevant to the research proposal
- Familiarity with relevant scholarly debates and approaches in global history
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting the following documents as one PDF file to the address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 April 2018.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Abstract of MA thesis (one page)
- Research proposal (five pages) including a brief explanation how your project fits into the framework of the research group
- Letter of recommendation by MA supervisor (with the option to name one additional reference). Please ask your supervisor to email their letter directly to the above address with a subject line that reads “Letter of Recommendation” and your full name
For the full description of the positions, please consult the PDF file which is available to download via this link.